The Understanding Of Fentanyl
Morphine is a powerful drug, however, Fentanyl is a stronger pain reliever that is about 100 times more powerful than Morphine. Post-surgery is a painful experienced, as well as, cancer treatment to relieve this intense pain Fentanyl is used. Fentanyl is a pretty potent opioid that is usually used in patients who are not responding to other pain meds. As a result of its potency, there is a high risk of addiction of become addicted. Taking overdose of the drug may be needed to have the same initial euphoric feeling for those who are addicted to Fentanyl.
Start overcoming your addiction now 0800 772 3971.
Fentanyl is available in a range of preparations to meet the needs of the clients.
Fentanyl brand names and forms include
- Actiq - This form of Fentanyl is administered under the tongue like a lollipop as it comes as a lozenge on a plastic stick.
- It has some military applications and is used by patients already on pain-relieving medications.
- Duragesic - It is a Fentanyl patch that was used first in 1990s.
- It is usually prescribed for the management of moderate to severe pain and its effects could be experienced for about 3 days.
- Sublimaze - Usually given in hospitals at times coupled with analgesics, it is the injectable preparation of Fentanyl.
- It is used to handle the pain before and after surgeries.
- Subsys - This refers to a sublingual spray that is put under the tongue to offer the fastest relief of pain.
- The treatment of breakthrough cancer pain is its main effect.
- Abstral - Abstral is the quick-dissolvable tablet version of Fentanyl and is placed under the tongue for immediate relief and also used for opioid-tolerant patients with breakthrough cancer pain.
- Lazanda - This is another drug that is used the same as common drugs used to treat nasal congestion and is a version of Lazanda.
- Victims of cancer from the main group of people that this drug is meant for.
Fentanyl increasing production of the chemical dopamine and works by blocking pain receptors in the brain. Some common street names of Fentanyl include apache, China white, China girl, dance fever, crush as well as TNT just to mention a few.
Seek help now if you or your loved one is abusing Fentanyl.
Fentanyl Misuse And Effects
Fentanyl is a drug that comes with a massive risk for addiction and abuse, regardless if it's a prescription.
Fentanyl epidemic could develop because of the substance's immense potency and addictive potential, this has been cautioned by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
Those taking overdoses of Fentanyl usually experience utter euphoria together with a sense of relaxation quite akin to the high of heroin.
Fentanyl abuse shows symptoms such as
- Slower breathing
- Impaired vision
- Nausea and throwing up
Fentanyl abuse is particularly risky for individuals who don't have a tolerance to opioids. Those who respond negatively to pain relievers may increase their chances of using the drug recklessly.
Those using the drug without caution may become addicted and cause them to engage in deadly misuse of the drug.
Combining Fentanyl with illicit narcotics such as heroin and stimulants such as cocaine increases the damaging potency of this drug. In case Fentanyl is taken by following a prescription or for recreational needs, it is a quite lethal drug.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Indications Of A Fentanyl Addiction
The drug may reconfigure the brain and stimulate overproduction of dopamine as a result of its effect on the central nervous system. As a result of the neurochemical changes, someone using it as prescribed may become dependent on it and he/she may look for other means of acquiring it after finishing their prescription.
Abuse to full-blown addiction grows rapidly with OPRs like Fentanyl.
Given that a number of people are not of the opinion that OPRs like Fentanyl have an inherent ability to cause an addiction like heroin or other street drugs, this creates room for accidental as well as intentional abuse. Problematic behaviour like building a habit or suffering withdrawal symptoms is completely understood by the healthcare professionals therefore they are able to quickly and efficiently able to make diagnostics.
Discover more on the recognition of an addiction to Fentanyl.
Treatment For A Fentanyl Addiction
It is unpleasant for those who want to overcome the addiction by doing it all by themselves, despite the fact that the process does not pose any threat to people's lives it still is not a good idea. Stopping the addiction to the drug may bring discomfort for those addicted as they are practically living on it. Those who depend on this drug may break its grip on their lives if they take advantage of the help that is available through rehabilitation facilities, whether living there or not.
The severity of Fentanyl withdrawal might vary depending how much the drug is used and what form it is use in, withdrawal symptoms range from marked chills and irritability to restlessness and sweating.
Users are still vulnerable to potential relapse despite the typically non-lethal nature of Fentanyl withdrawal. Relying on a medical supervision of the withdrawal phase could make recovery easier and safer.
Getting Control Is Possible By Calling Us
It is difficult to get over an addiction, but this goal is achievable. There are various support groups across the country to help you overcome your addiction. Deal with your Fentanyl addiction now.