What Is Stimulants
Aiming to boost their performance, athletes and students had become common abusers of Stimulants. Others use them with recreational ends.
By leading to a high state of alertness and an enhanced cognitive function, Stimulants act over the body. Stimulants may be prescription drugs or the prohibited substances like Cocaine. Injecting it, inhaling it or orally are the three ways of taking Stimulants.
Look for help now if you are an addict to Stimulants. Always remember that you have friends to help you on your road to recovery, seek help now call 0800 772 3971.
Prescription Stimulants Brands And Names
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), narcolepsy and sometimes obesity are treated with the assistance of prescription Stimulants. Amphetamines and methylphenidates are the popular Stimulants. Nevertheless, amphetamines (such as Adderall) and methylphenidates (such as Ritalin) have some molecular differences which has a similar consequence when abused. Depending on how strong the Stimulants is supposed to be or how long it's supposed to last, a person can either be prescribed methylphenidate or amphetamines.
Recommendable commonly used Stimulants
- Adderall - Adderall was approved in 1960 and is presently the most famous ADHD treatment drug and the most commonly prescribed amphetamine in the United States.
- Dexedrine - this drug is also used to treat ADHD and has been available to consumers since 1976.
- Americans applied the use of the drug first.
- The Air force in order to keep the pilots alert and awake longer during World War II until the Gulf War.
- Ritalin - was approved in 1955, this drug has been used in the treatment of hyperactive children.
- Ritalin differs from Dexedrine and Adderall as it is a Methylphenidate.
- Although Methylphenidates have the similar Stimulants effects as Amphetamines, they have a different molecular structure.
- Concerta - Concerta approved in 2000, is a relatively new drug used to treat ADHD.
- Although it has a different potency and acts for a different length of time, it is also a Methylphenidate like Ritalin.
- Desoxyn - Desoxyn is a prescription methamphetamine.
- It was the earliest remedy pill for obesity, which was introduced in 1947.
- It is also used to treat ADHD.
- Ephedrine - for asthma patients, Ephedrine is generally applied to repress the urge to feed and medicament; it produces the same symptom as other excitants.
- It is commonly used in meth labs and as it is very reachable.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Effects Of Abusing Stimulants
Since they have a high potential for abuse and addiction, prescription Stimulants are classified as a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substances Act. There are reported cases of 900,000 of Stimulants abuse in the US alone.
The effects of Stimulants include
- Declination or lack of appetite
- Predisposition to talk more than the usual
Improving performance rather than getting high is usually the main reason for prescription Stimulants abuse. For many years, learners and sports people have been known to use these Stimulants to gain a competitive edge.
Other effects of Stimulants to the body is the flooding of dopamine which is also known as a "happy hormone". The brain may lose the ability to produce dopamine in the absence of a Stimulants if the Stimulants is used regularly. The addiction will come thanks to the need of producing dopamine and feel its effect.
Cocaine in its various forms and methamphetamine are also Stimulants. Effects similar to those of prescription Stimulants are developed by these drugs.