NHS Or Private Rehab?
Private residential facility is better treatment option for many people. Enrolment for admission is done within 24 hours. Admission into private rehab treatment program is made easy depending on the mode of payment through available funds from individual or insurance policy cover. There is as well a possibility that you get an NHS admission to a private rehabilitation centre.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
All United Kingdom residents should be able to apply for addiction treatment through the NHS at community based rehabilitation centre or private facility which is free of charge at the point of delivery. You might be required to prove that you have sought local community-based rehab alternatives before to be able to apply for NHS funding at a residential rehab facility. Depending on the willingness of your local addiction team to fund your treatment accessing residential rehab may take a number of weeks.
You can be referred to your nearest drug and alcohol action team by your GP.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Flexible treatment plan;
- Fast turnaround admission process within 24 hour duration.
- One-location rehab continuity of daily procedures and care;
- In most cases, the same doctor/employee will take care of patients during the rehab;
- Treatment will take place in an environment which is away from worries and temptations, so the patients can focus solely on recovery;
- The helpful group gives solid bonds advisors and different patients that guide recovery;
- Sometimes, facilities to make phone calls/receive letter, family visiting times and visiting accommodation are provided.
- Art, gym health and fitness exercise activities are included in the treatment program;
- Aftercare programme;
- On the NHS, it is not cheaper than rehab
- Not covered by medical insurance in some cases.
Rehabilitation of NHS
- Free of cost;
- Everyone is eligible;
- It's local and therefore closer to your family and home;
- Admission process takes a while;
- Won't not be referred to private recovery;
- Patients are sometimes required to attend different clinics with the right equipment;
- The more you have the access to drugs and liquor including life distractions, the more it will affect your recovery.
- There is a limited access to the personal specialist
- We provide the same staff and specialist throughout our treatment session to our patients.
- Creating an outpatient support network might be more difficult.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
NHS Alternative Cross Border Rehab
Securing admission into residential private rehab clinics in UK through NHS or local community addiction services could take months and the outcome is not definite. Similar admission process into residential private rehab is fast and efficient through EU cross border healthcare authority support initiative program.
On the Drug Rehab Wiltshire website, UK based patients who wishes to take advantage of that option can find more information.