What Is Holistic Therapy
Holistic medicine helps patients overcome addiction to drugs when traditional methods are combined with positive changes in their lifestyles.
Holistic therapy of drug addiction includes nonmedicinal techniques aimed at complementing traditional medical approaches. Holistic methods helps bring the body, mind and spirit into balance.
Facilities that use holistic therapy apply to exercise, meditation, and nutrition in their treatment regime.
Apart from helping to ease the physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms, holistic therapy also focuses on improving the overall well being of an individual.
Some of the other practices include
- Tai chi
- Spiritual therapy
- Physical exercise
- Good nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Techniques customized to fit each client is used in this form of treatment. The objective of the therapy is to have holistic therapists treat the physical and the symptoms of mental addiction along with any emotional and nutritional imbalances, which may be present.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. The plans offered by holistic therapy are flexible and are catering for the requirements of every individual.
Holistic therapy usually aims to
- Identifying the underlying causes of the addiction
- Help the recovering user to better deal with their cravings
- Encouraging physical exercises
- Boost the confidence of the recovering user
- Dull the attraction of the addictive substance
Kinds Of Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Holistic therapy addresses the various areas that constitute a healthy lifestyle.
Therapies that are commonly utilized include
- Therapy For Nutrition
- Well-being is an essential condition of successful recovery of an addict.
- Good nutrition will provide the recovering drug user with a change that they'll be able to see.
- Recovering addicts have an opportunity to start afresh and provide their bodies with the nutrition that is needed to overcome their addiction.
- Recreational Activities And Sport
- Apart from helping to ease stress and make the body strong, regular exercise helps to create a routine.
- In many centres that offer holistic therapy, exercise is an important part of the treatment.
- Different types of activities are offered including; rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding, or hiking.
- Clear-headed patients are more successful in overcoming addiction.
- In holistic therapy, taking part in reflection is one way through which you can stop the urge to using the drugs.
- A number of centres are also offering yoga, and tai chi has meditative practices to help inpatient residents increase their focus and clarity to the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- This therapy technique also seeks to relax the body muscles through massage.
- Acupuncture is also used in restoring the body of a long-time addict.
Programs that get satisfactory results are based on conventional methods of treatment. However, a doctor should be available to monitor the progress of the treatments on the addict.
Holistic therapy may be used at the same time as
- Medically assisted detox
- Comprehensive medical care
- Counselling sessions
AA, NA and other 12 step group programs are usually available too to provide lasting support.
Locating A Holistic Therapy Facility For Dependency Treatment
Holistic treatment technique is now being used in many rehab centres all over the world. Holistic therapy is not a medical treatment and seeks to help the patient balance all areas of life; this works well with other treatment plans for addictions. As far as stress management is concerned, meditation and yoga can prove to be good complements to cognitive behavioural therapy. You na resist the urge to use the drugs when you learn how to control your feelings in a positive way.
When these factors are combined with a medically supervised detox and mental health counselling therapies of the holistic nature can be helpful in treating addictions regardless of the severity levels. There are many treatment facilities all over the nation offering individualized treatment plans.
We can help you to find a treatment centre that offers what you need so give us a call today on 0800 772 3971.